OKLAHOMA CITY, Aug. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- OG&E Electric Services today announced that 71 employees are on their way to Louisiana to assist with power restoration following Hurricane Isaac.
Crews will assist Cleco Power with restoration efforts. OG&E team members will stage at Cleco's corporate headquarters in Pineville, La., and from there will be dispatched to various areas in need of additional support.
More than 500,000 are without power in south Louisiana.
OG&E is a member of the Southeast Electric Exchange, which dispatches mutual assistance teams in cases of widespread outages. OG&E crews assisted the same area in 2008 in the wake of Hurricane Gustav."Our crews are always ready and willing to help others in a time of need during outages like this," said Mike Mathews, OG&E's Vice President of Power Delivery Operations. "They're working safely to get power back to the citizens of Louisiana, or wherever they're needed, and they'll continue until the job is done." OG&E, a subsidiary of Oklahoma City-based OGE Energy Corp. (NYSE: OGE), serves more than 794,000 electric customers in Oklahoma and western Arkansas. SOURCE OG&E
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV