HORSHAM, Pa., Aug. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Astea International Inc. (NASDAQ: ATEA), the leader in service lifecycle management and mobility solutions announces that APi Group, Inc., a leading provider of solutions for the industrial, specialty construction and life safety markets has selected the Astea Alliance solution suite to streamline and strengthen their service business reinforcing their commitment to delivering superior service to their customers and achieving corporate growth initiatives.
APi Group, Inc., with approximately 9,000 employees, has 40 subsidiaries each operating as independent companies across the US, Canada and UK. Services provided by the company's construction subsidiaries include energy conservation; industrial and mechanical contracting; industrial insulation; and overhead door installation. Other subsidiaries install fire protection, security and alarm systems; fabricate structural steel; and distribute building materials. With nearly 200 locations, the success of APi's billion-dollar business is based on one philosophy: Offer the finest customer-driven service by using common resources and shared experiences to build a safer environment.
"Our ongoing success and competitive differentiation is driven by delivering superior, local service backed by the resources of a strong parent company. Our customers experience local, expert service and project delivery that scales to a national reach," stated Julius Chepey, CIO, APi Group, Inc. "In order to continue the level of service our customers have grown to expect, as well as grow our business, we knew we would need to deploy a cross-company service management and mobility solution. We started out by forming a cross-functional team of APi service managers and staff to develop blueprints for a consistent, improved way to deliver APi's service business. After identifying more than 200 internal and industry solutions, the selection team narrowed the list to five technology finalists who then unanimously selected the Astea Alliance solution. Next, we conducted a full pilot implementation of the Astea Alliance solution, with 80 of our field technicians with three of our companies. After achieving positive metrics, we made the decision to roll the solution out to the rest of our service companies. We found that Astea's deep domain expertise, in conjunction with their robust solution, offered the breadth and depth of functionality, as well as the level of flexibility, that was the perfect fit for our organization's needs. We also felt strongly that Astea was a company in which we could create a long-term partnership for ongoing service success."APi Group will be leveraging Astea's solution to:
- Improve Productivity and Streamline Processes
- Provide field engineers access to customer service history, equipment repair records, service contracts, product information, inventory, parts availability, address and driving directions in order to ensure first time fix rates and provide the best possible service with the highest degree of professionalism.
- All work orders on the mobile device, can be populated quickly and easily, thereby eliminating time spent on manual data entry while ensuring accurate data capture, greatly improving the work-life balance for the technician.
- Increase Service Revenues
- Provide field engineers with the tools and information to recognize and capture additional revenue opportunities.
- Accurate data capture, in real-time, will accelerate the invoicing process.
- Continue to Drive World-Class Customer Service
- Call center agents, dispatchers and field personnel are empowered with a 360 degree view of the customer, as well as powerful automation capabilities, to provide a more streamlined experience for their customers.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.