HORSHAM, Pa., Aug. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Astea International Inc. (NASDAQ: ATEA), the leader in service lifecycle management and mobility solutions announces that APi Group, Inc., a leading provider of solutions for the industrial, specialty construction and life safety markets has selected the Astea Alliance solution suite to streamline and strengthen their service business reinforcing their commitment to delivering superior service to their customers and achieving corporate growth initiatives.
APi Group, Inc., with approximately 9,000 employees, has 40 subsidiaries each operating as independent companies across the US, Canada and UK. Services provided by the company's construction subsidiaries include energy conservation; industrial and mechanical contracting; industrial insulation; and overhead door installation. Other subsidiaries install fire protection, security and alarm systems; fabricate structural steel; and distribute building materials. With nearly 200 locations, the success of APi's billion-dollar business is based on one philosophy: Offer the finest customer-driven service by using common resources and shared experiences to build a safer environment.
"Our ongoing success and competitive differentiation is driven by delivering superior, local service backed by the resources of a strong parent company. Our customers experience local, expert service and project delivery that scales to a national reach," stated Julius Chepey, CIO, APi Group, Inc. "In order to continue the level of service our customers have grown to expect, as well as grow our business, we knew we would need to deploy a cross-company service management and mobility solution. We started out by forming a cross-functional team of APi service managers and staff to develop blueprints for a consistent, improved way to deliver APi's service business. After identifying more than 200 internal and industry solutions, the selection team narrowed the list to five technology finalists who then unanimously selected the Astea Alliance solution. Next, we conducted a full pilot implementation of the Astea Alliance solution, with 80 of our field technicians with three of our companies. After achieving positive metrics, we made the decision to roll the solution out to the rest of our service companies. We found that Astea's deep domain expertise, in conjunction with their robust solution, offered the breadth and depth of functionality, as well as the level of flexibility, that was the perfect fit for our organization's needs. We also felt strongly that Astea was a company in which we could create a long-term partnership for ongoing service success."APi Group will be leveraging Astea's solution to:
Improve Productivity and Streamline Processes
- Provide field engineers access to customer service history, equipment repair records, service contracts, product information, inventory, parts availability, address and driving directions in order to ensure first time fix rates and provide the best possible service with the highest degree of professionalism.
- All work orders on the mobile device, can be populated quickly and easily, thereby eliminating time spent on manual data entry while ensuring accurate data capture, greatly improving the work-life balance for the technician.
Increase Service Revenues
- Provide field engineers with the tools and information to recognize and capture additional revenue opportunities.
- Accurate data capture, in real-time, will accelerate the invoicing process.
Continue to Drive World-Class Customer Service
- Call center agents, dispatchers and field personnel are empowered with a 360 degree view of the customer, as well as powerful automation capabilities, to provide a more streamlined experience for their customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV