GigOptix, Inc. (NYSE MKT: GIG), a leading fabless supplier of semiconductor and optical components that enable high speed information streaming, today announced that it will showcase its 40Gb/s VCSEL driver and receiver array chipset for QSFP+ applications at the 14 th China International Optoelectronic Expo (CIOE) to be held at the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center in Shenzhen China beginning on September 6, 2012.
At booth 6017/6018, GigOptix will provide a demonstration of their HXT/R5104, a high performance chipset that is used in both 40GBASE-SR4 QSFP transceivers and 40GBASE-LR4 ROSAs.
The HXT/R5 chipsets are designed to be fully compliant with the IEEE 40GBASE-LR4 standard, meeting the exacting receiver sensitivity and stressed eye specifications in addition to the 40G QSFP+ form factor requirements. The individual VCSEL driver & receiver arrays are ultralow power, consuming less than 75mW/channel while fully implementing the driver and receive function of a 10km 40G link. The design minimizes the number of components required to implement the 40G receiver resulting in a lower cost and smaller form factor.
In addition to the demonstration, GigOptix will showcase their:
- LX8220: 40Gb/s DQPSK TFPS optical modulator with low drive voltage and small form factor designed for long-haul and ultra-long-haul optical transponders
- LX8240: 100Gb/s DP-QPSK TFPS optical modulator with ultra-small form factor and low driving voltage
- GX62255: low power, integrated dual channel 32Gb/s driver designed for 40G DQPSK and 100G DP-QPSK long-haul optical transmitters
- GX62472: a 4x32Gb/s Mach-Zehnder quad linear driver designed with integrated GPPO outputs for 100G and 400G DWDM metro and long-haul optical transmitters.
- GX3222: a dual channel Linear Transimpedance Amplifier (TIA) designed for use in 100Gb/s DWDM optical receivers.