Quest Software, Inc.
In today’s IT landscape, organizations struggle to build a bridge between monolithic Business Intelligence (BI) platforms and the distributed data layers that have emerged with Big Data and cloud computing. A further gap exists between business analysts who provision data, and data consumers who use data to make real-world business decisions. Building on the legacy of Toad®, its industry-leading developer productivity solution, Quest Software solves both challenges by bridging the gap between IT and business with a suite of tools that enables organizations to perform self-service data integration and attain the business insight needed to improve decision-making, while lowering costs and risks.
Tweet This: New @Quest_Toad #BI Suite enables self-service data integration leveraging existing infrastructures
Toad Business Intelligence Suite Blends Personal BI with Enterprise BI
- Quest Software today unveiled Toad Business Intelligence Suite, a packaged suite of tools that seamlessly links traditional and non-traditional data sources to easily bridge the gap between monolithic BI environments and distributed Big Data sources.
- Toad BI Suite also closes the gap between technical and non-technical users by offering tailored interfaces designed to meet their individual data provisioning and analytic needs. Technical business analysts have access to all the tools needed to provision and deliver complex data in a meaningful form, while business analysts can consume and deliver this data via visualizations or existing BI systems to aid decision-making and achieve faster time-to-value in existing BI investments.
- With the new Toad BI Suite, Quest replaces manual, multi-step dataflow processes with an automated solution that facilitates self-service data integration with agile access to departmental data, traditional RDBMS data, corporate business intelligence, cloud databases, and Big Data sources like Hadoop. More than half of the 3,336 respondents in a recent survey of Quest Toad users reported that the top three data querying and reporting challenges are: providing a combined visualization of integrated data to business users; integrating data with existing, traditional sources; and accessing data from custom data sources.
- Toad Business Intelligence Suite is a collection of three separate tools that enables organizations to quickly and efficiently access, integrate, cleanse and distribute data.
- Toad Intelligence Central, the hub of the new suite, is a fast, virtual data layer that snaps into existing IT and BI architectures, allowing users to share data and collaborate on logical views of data through the suite’s two desktop tools: Data Point and Decision Point.
- Toad Data Point, a tool for the analytic data provisioner, provides connectivity to traditional data sources, such as RDBMs and columnar data warehouses, along with non-traditional data sources including Salesforce.com, Business Objects, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), and cloud data sources, through an intuitive interface that lets analysts automate routine tasks, as well as transform and cleanse result sets.
- Toad Decision Point, a tool for business analytic experts, alleviates IT burdens by enabling data consumers to combine, explore, analyze and understand data in simple interactive views to speed data analysis and reporting without impacting corporate governance compliance.
Transforming Data into Valuable Business Intelligence
- Ranked No. 1 in Database Development and Optimization for three consecutive years by IDC 1, Quest has drawn on 15 years of Toad experience and more than two million users to create Toad Business Intelligence Suite.
Pricing and Availability:
- For a large North American traffic control company, an inordinate amount of manual effort was required each month to connect and export data from multiple database systems, including Oracle, PeopleSoft and DB2, to provide traffic analysts with relevant data. An equally tedious and time-consuming process was used by financial analysts to produce critical profit-and-loss statements.
- With Toad BI, the organization enables both traffic and financial analysts to easily access the data required to produce vital business insight while dramatically reducing costs and risks.
- The ability to connect all data sources and eliminate manual processes has dramatically decreased data extraction and manipulation time, while enabling the organization to analyze data over longer timeframes for broader business value and improved decision-making.
- Toad Business Intelligence Suite is available now, with North American pricing at $1,295 per named user with a minimum of five seats.
- Darin Bartik, vice president and general manager, Database Management, Quest Software“Toad Business Intelligence Suite seamlessly delivers capabilities that meet the needs of both data provisioners and data consumers, bringing data sources together and sharing them in views most relevant to each user. By opening access to organizational data in a manner that conserves data governance and security controls, Toad BI lets companies unlock the value within their existing IT and BI investments, saving both time and money.”
- John Weathington, president and CEO, Excellent Management Systems, Inc.“In my role as an information strategist, I deal with countless organizations that struggle to connect disparate data sources so they can create an all-encompassing view of their data infrastructure. With Toad for Business Intelligence, these companies will finally be able to cross the divide between what the business side needs and what IT delivers with a much clearer picture of their entire environment and business direction.”
Established in 1987, Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) provides simple and innovative IT management solutions that enable more than 100,000 global customers to save time and money across physical and virtual environments. Quest products solve complex IT challenges ranging from
identity and access management
user workspace management
Quest, Quest Software, Toad, and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries.
All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
IDC, Worldwide Database Development and Management Tools 2010 Vendor and Segment Analysis, Doc # 232122, December 2011.