CHICAGO, Aug. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Even after working for the majority of their adult lives, current retirees still miss a great deal about the workplace.
In a recent survey conducted by Bankers Life and Casualty Company Center for a Secure Retirement(SM) (CSR), 300 retirees between ages 55 to 75 with an annual household income between $25,000 and $75,000 were asked a variety of open-ended questions about what they have learned since retirement.
When asked what they miss most about their pre-retirement life, a majority (65 percent) said they missed the daily interactions with their co-workers. One respondent said they missed the "camaraderie and regiment setting of a work environment." Many others said they miss having a paycheck most because they had to cut back on non-essentials due to a lack of funds. Other responses included missing their job or profession, their responsibility at work, travel and the feeling of being productive.
However, for all of the things current retirees miss about their previous work life, there were plenty of things that they did not miss at all.
- Stress at work"The grind of working and the stress of trying to hustle for a buck."
- Getting up early"Getting up at 6:30, showering and dressing and leaving home before 7:30 am!"
- Dealing with bosses"Dealing with crazy management."
- My job"Business, business!"
- Commute"Driving through traffic to get to my job."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV