- Underlying net sales increased 10%, driven by broad-based geographic gains, with constant currency net sales 3 up 14%:
- Price/mix contributed 1% to underlying sales growth in the quarter
- Jack Daniel’s trademark grew net sales 15%, including double-digit growth from Tennessee Honey, resulting from its geographic expansion outside of the U.S.
- Southern Comfort’s family of brands’ net sales declined 1%, while U.S. net sales grew in the quarter
- Finlandia’s family of brands grew net sales 20%
- El Jimador family of brands grew net sales 11%
- Underlying operating income increased 17%, driven primarily by revenue growth, gross margin expansion, and some leverage with operating expenses.
Brown-Forman Reports Strong Start To Fiscal 2013 And Confirms Full Year Outlook
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.