- Underlying net sales increased 10%, driven by broad-based geographic gains, with constant currency net sales 3 up 14%:
- Price/mix contributed 1% to underlying sales growth in the quarter
- Jack Daniel’s trademark grew net sales 15%, including double-digit growth from Tennessee Honey, resulting from its geographic expansion outside of the U.S.
- Southern Comfort’s family of brands’ net sales declined 1%, while U.S. net sales grew in the quarter
- Finlandia’s family of brands grew net sales 20%
- El Jimador family of brands grew net sales 11%
- Underlying operating income increased 17%, driven primarily by revenue growth, gross margin expansion, and some leverage with operating expenses.
Brown-Forman Reports Strong Start To Fiscal 2013 And Confirms Full Year Outlook
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.