The slide presentation we are using today is available with this joint press release issued earlier are available on both, M&T and Hudson City's websites in the Investor Relations section. A replay of the call will also be available on the website after the call.
During this conference call, some of the information discussed will contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. These forward-looking statements which M&T and Hudson City specifically disclaim any obligation to update or revise are not guarantees and management cautions that a number of factors could cause actual results or outcomes to differ materially than those indicated by such forward looking statements. I also refer you to the risk factors closures that M&T and Hudson City made in respect of Form-10Ks.
M&T and Hudson City will file materials related to the preferred merger with the SEC. Investors are urged to read those materials once they're available. These additional materials can be obtained free from the SEC's website at www.sec.gov, and from the company's websites. In addition, M&T Hudson City and their respective directors and executive officers may be deemed to be participants in any solicitation of proxies in connection with the proposed merger.
Information regarding interest of these participants can be found in M&T's Hudson City's most recent proxy statements filed with the SEC, and additional information will be contained in the joint proxy statement and prospectus to be followed by M&T and Hudson City.At this time, I would like to introduce Robert Wilmers. Mr. Wilmers? Robert Wilmers Thank you, Don, and good morning, everyone. Earlier this morning, we announced a definitive agreement of merger between M&T Bank Corporation and Hudson City Bancorp Incorporated. To start this call, I'd like to offer a few thoughts as to why we believe this merger makes sense to us.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV