SHANGHAI, China, Aug. 29, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd., (Nasdaq:JASO) ("JA Solar" or the "Company"), one of the world's largest manufacturers of high-performance solar power products, today announced its unaudited financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
- Shipments were 418 MW, in line with the low end of the Company's previous guidance of 420 MW, and an increase of 14.2% from 366 MW in the first quarter of 2012
- Net revenue wa s RMB 1.8 billion ($284.4 million) , an increase of 12.8% from RMB 1.6 billion ($252.2 million) in the first quarter of 2012
- Gross margin was 4. 8 %, compared with 2.1% in the first quarter of 2012
- Operating loss was RMB 155.9 million ($24.5 million) , compared with operating loss of RMB 159.1 million ($25.0 million) in the first quarter of 2012
- Net loss, including a foreign exchange loss of RMB 69.8 million ($11.0 million) and tax expenses of RMB 120.0 million ($18.9 million), was RMB 457.8 million ($72.1 million), compared with net loss of RMB 250.9 million ($39.5 million) in the first quarter of 2012
- Loss per diluted ADS was RMB 2.34 ($0.37), compared with loss per diluted ADS of RMB 1.28 ($0.20) in the first quarter of 2012
- Cash and cash e quivalents at the end of the quarter were RMB 3.7 billion ($589.1 million) , compared with RMB 4.3 billion ( $ 670.3 million ) at the end of the first quarter of 2012