CUI Global Inc. Stock Downgraded (CUI)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 223.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.22 million to -$0.72 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$1.12 million or 539.37% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- CUI GLOBAL INC's earnings have gone downhill when comparing its most recently reported quarter with the same quarter a year earlier. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CUI GLOBAL INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.00 versus -$1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects a decline in earnings from $0.00 to -$0.03.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, CUI GLOBAL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 39.50% is the gross profit margin for CUI GLOBAL INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of CUI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CUI's net profit margin of -7.10% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.