James Hardie Industries SE Stock Downgraded (JHX)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- Compared to other companies in the Construction Materials industry and the overall market, JAMES HARDIE INDUSTRIES SE's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 19.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- JHX has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.16, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 36.90% is the gross profit margin for JAMES HARDIE INDUSTRIES SE which we consider to be strong. Regardless of JHX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, JHX's net profit margin of 20.20% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- JAMES HARDIE INDUSTRIES SE has shown improvement in its earnings for its most recently reported quarter when compared with the same quarter a year earlier. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JAMES HARDIE INDUSTRIES SE turned its bottom line around by earning $6.89 versus -$3.97 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 84.2% in earnings ($1.09 versus $6.89).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts