Emerson Radio Corp. Stock Downgraded (MSN)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, MSN's share price has jumped by 28.66%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Although MSN's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.00 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.55, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- MSN, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 28.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 34.6%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- EMERSON RADIO CORP's earnings per share declined by 10.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, EMERSON RADIO CORP reported lower earnings of $0.39 versus $0.59 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Household Durables industry average. The net income has decreased by 10.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $2.63 million to $2.36 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.