SAN DIEGO, Aug. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Leap Wireless International, Inc. (NASDAQ: LEAP), a leading provider of innovative and value-driven wireless communications services, today announced the upcoming launch of enhanced rate plans that provide customers more alternatives and value at all price points. The new plans include the expansion of Cricket's innovative Muve Music ® service into all Android smartphone service plans at no extra charge, data-on-demand features, new data management tools and new international calling features that can be added to any feature phone or smartphone plan.
"These new rate plans are part of a significant transition we are making in our business and customer offerings that we expect will advance our strategy of offering best-in-class wireless services, strengthen our competitiveness and improve our financial performance," said Doug Hutcheson, Leap's president and chief executive officer. "The new plans provide more value and increased functionality for customers at price points that fit their needs and budget. Cricket will be the first carrier to truly integrate music into its core wireless offering, so that when customers buy an Android device with Cricket – on any priced Android smartphone rate plan they will get music with no added fees or contract. In addition, we are the first to allow customers to instantly buy additional full-speed data if they need more than what is available as part of their monthly plan."
"Our expectation is that these new offerings, together with the improvements we are making to our customer experience and device line-up, will make us more competitive and enable us to attract and keep high-value customers. We are also continuing to look at ways to improve financial performance, drive stronger business performance, and optimize our underperforming assets to ensure we deliver value to our shareholders," he continued.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV