CLEVELAND (AP) â¿¿ Diversified manufacturer Eaton Corp. said Tuesday it agreed to acquire Chilean electrical manufacturer Rolec Comercial e Industrial SA as it expands in South America.
Terms were undisclosed.
Eaton said the deal will help boost its business in target growth markets in Chile and Peru, including the mining, pulp and paper, and energy infrastructure sectors.
Eaton has approximately 73,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries. Shares of the company fell 53 cents to close at $45.64, then added 53 cents in after-hours trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV