Research In Motion: Only Bottom Feeders Need Apply
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Research In Motion (RIMM) is a stock in freefall. I can't believe that anyone has held on to this stock but there are still some who pray for a dead-cat bounce from this dead horse.
I try to invest by being rational and unemotional but it seems there are some that consider this company a pity investment. I'd like to share a chart I drew using Barchart that compares the trading prices of RIMM and its peers over the past 3 1/2 years. While RIMM fell 90%, America Tower (AMT) rose 112%, Crown Castle International (RIMM) was up 167% and SBA Communications (SBAC) was up 136%.
The chart says it all:
Research In Motion designs, manufactures and markets wireless solutions for the mobile communications market worldwide. It provides platforms and solutions for access to information, including email, voice, instant messaging, short message service, Internet and Intranet-based browsing, and multimedia content through developing integrated hardware, software, and services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV