ATLANTA, Aug. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The entire Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc. (NYSE: IVR) team was saddened to learn of the death of Neil Williams, Chairman of its Board of Directors. He was 76.
"On behalf of the Board of Directors and the entire Invesco Mortgage Capital team, we extend our deepest sympathies to Neil's family and friends and to the many colleagues whose lives he touched," said Richard J. King, President and Chief Executive Officer. "All of us who knew or worked with Neil understand the privilege we enjoyed and are deeply saddened by his passing."Mr. Williams served as non-Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors beginning July 2009. Mr. Williams was previously the general counsel of Invesco Ltd. (known then as AMVESCAP PLC) from 1999 to 2002. Mr. Williams was a partner of Alston & Bird LLP from 1965 to 1999 and was managing partner from 1984 through 1996. Mr. Williams received a Bachelor of Arts in 1958 and a J.D. in 1961 from Duke University. About Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc. Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc. is a real estate investment trust that focuses on financing and managing residential and commercial mortgage-backed securities and mortgage loans. Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc. is externally managed and advised by Invesco Advisers, Inc., a subsidiary of Invesco Ltd. (NYSE: IVZ), a leading independent global investment management company. Additional information is available at www.invescomortgagecapital.com. SOURCE Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV