Guggenheim analyst Marty Mosby also has a neutral rating on M&T, but said "this acquisition should increase MTB's tangible book value per share by approximately 10% while the synergies and portfolio restructuring helps to raise HCBK's returns on [tangible common equity] enough to improve MTB's [return on tangible common equity] by half a percentage point."
Mosby raised his price target for M&T's shares by 15%, to $100, while raising his 2013 EPS estimate by a dime, to $8.00.
-- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla.>Contact by Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV