Montpelier Reinsurance Ltd. (“Montpelier Re”), the Bermuda-based subsidiary of Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: MRH), announced today that it has named Christopher Downey as Head of Global Casualty and Specialty Treaty Reinsurance, effective immediately.
Mr. Downey is responsible for leading the full portfolio of casualty and specialty treaty business written through Montpelier Re and will report directly to Christopher Schaper, President of Montpelier Re.
Mr. Downey has nearly twenty years of underwriting and actuarial experience in the insurance and reinsurance industry, most recently as SVP Specialty & Casualty at Alterra Bermuda. He is a graduate of Cornell University and is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS), a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA) and a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
Mr. Schaper said, “I am very pleased to have an individual with Chris’ capabilities, background and knowledge join and lead our team. I look forward to working closely with him.”The appointment is subject to approval of the Bermuda Department of Immigration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV