WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Aug. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The board of directors of BB&T Corporation (NYSE: BBT) today declared a quarterly dividend of $0.20 per common share payable Nov. 1, 2012, to shareholders of record at the close of business Oct. 5, 2012.
The board of directors has also declared the following:
- A regular quarterly dividend of $365.625 per share (equivalent to $0.365625 per depositary share or 1/1,000 th interest per share) on BB&T's Series D Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock (NYSE: BBT PrD), payable Nov. 1, 2012, to shareholders of record as of the close of business Oct. 31, 2012.
- A regular quarterly dividend of $351.5625 per share (equivalent to $0.3515625 per depositary share or 1/1,000 th interest per share) on BB&T's Series E Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock (NYSE: BBT PrE), payable Nov. 1, 2012, to shareholders of record as of the close of business Oct. 17, 2012.
BB&T has approximately 699 million shares of common stock, 23 million depositary shares related to its Series D Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock and 46 million depositary shares related to its Series E Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock. BB&T has paid a cash dividend to shareholders of common stock every year since 1903.
About BB&TBB&T Corporation (NYSE: BBT) is one of the largest financial services holding companies in the U.S. with $178.5 billion in assets and market capitalization of $21.6 billion, as of June 30, 2012. Based in Winston-Salem, N.C., the company operates approximately 1,800 financial centers in 12 states and Washington, D.C., and offers a full range of consumer and commercial banking, securities brokerage, asset management, mortgage and insurance products and services. A Fortune 500 company, BB&T is consistently recognized for outstanding client satisfaction by J.D. Power and Associates, the U.S. Small Business Administration, Greenwich Associates and others. More information about BB&T and its full line of products and services is available at www.BBT.com. SOURCE BB&T Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV