Discovery Laboratories (DSCO) is a biotechnology company developing surfactant therapies to treat respiratory disorders and diseases. This stock is trading up 10.5% to $3.10 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.84-$3.1752-Week Range: $1.44-$5.39 Volume: 2.6 million Three-Month Average Volume: 528,784 >>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts From a technical perspective, DSCO is ripping higher here with monster volume. This move has pushed DSCO into breakout territory, since the stock has cleared some near-term overhead resistance levels at $2.78 to $2.90. Traders should now look for long-biased trades off the next major breakout for DSCO. That breakout will trigger once DSCO sustains a move or close above $3.15 with high volume. At last check DSCO has hit an intraday high of $3.17 and volume is well above its three-month average of 528,784 shares. Traders can look to get long DSCO off weakness as long as it holds today's low of $2.84. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for DSCO to re-fill a previous gap and trend higher towards $3.50 to $3.73, or possibly even $5 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV