Alexza Pharmaceuticals (ALXA) is a pharmaceutical company focused on the research, development and commercialization of products for the acute treatment of central nervous system conditions. This stock is trading up 3% to $4.30 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $4.14-$4.4052-Week Range: $2.55-$14.80 Volume: 435,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 434,406 >>22 Biopharma Stocks With Breakout Potential in 2012 From a technical perspective, ALXA is bouncing higher here right off some near-term support at $4 with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing ALXA within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once ALXA clears some near-term overhead resistance levels at $4.37 to $4.99 with high volume. At last check, ALXA has hit an intraday high of $4.40 and volume is just starting to clock in above its three-month average of 434,406 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as ALXA is trending above its 50-day at $3.72, and then once it sustains a move or close above $4.37 to $4.99 with volume that's near or above 434,406 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then ALXA will have a great chance of re-filling a previous gap and trending back towards $6 to $7.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV