- Covers multiple conditions. The plan covers many conditions, such as heart attacks, cancer, strokes, coronary artery disease, major organ failure and transplants. A covered person receives a lump sum payment of $5,000 to $100,000 once they’re diagnosed with any of these conditions. They can spend the money however they need to help with medical and non-medical expenses.
- Pays for multiple occurrences of a critical illness. The plan pays more than once, which means a covered person receives an additional payment each time they’re diagnosed with a covered critical illness. There is no maximum number of payments.
- Pays an ongoing benefit for extended treatment and care of cancer or carcinoma in situ. A covered person can receive monthly benefits of $500 or $1,000 per month to help pay for some of the ongoing expenses associated with cancer, such as radiation, chemotherapy and hospital confinement. Filing a claim for this benefit is easy. The covered person just submits one bill each month in order to receive the benefit.
- Choice of plan designs. Employers can choose from five plans priced at competitive group rates, allowing them to tailor the benefit to suit their budget and their employees’ needs. All five plans offer options that are compliant with health savings accounts (HSAs).
- Health screening benefits. Employers can offer an optional health screening benefit that pays the covered person $50 or $100 a year for participating in one of 24 covered health screening tests. This popular benefit enriches an employer’s benefits package and encourages workers to stay healthy.
- Optional building benefit rider. Individuals can purchase optional coverage that pays $1,000 every year benefits are not used, up to 10 years. A covered person receives this “building benefit” payment in addition to the lump sum payment received when first diagnosed with cancer or a covered critical illness.
- Guaranteed coverage if participation requirements are met. Individuals are guaranteed coverage without answering health questions as long as their company meets minimum participation requirements. They can also purchase coverage for their spouses and eligible dependents without answering health questions.
- Portability. Individuals can continue their coverage if they leave their current place of employment, change jobs or retire.
New Group Critical Illness And Cancer Plan From Colonial Life Provides Financial Protection From Serious Illness
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.