In a statement emailed to TheStreet, Samsung said the ruling will lead to fewer choices, less innovation and potentially higher prices. Apple, inevitably, has lauded the jury's decision.
Late on Friday, a jury in San Jose, Calif., awarded Apple $1.05 billion in the closely watched patent case, ruling that the Korean phone giant had "willfully" infringed a number of "valid" Apple iPhone patents.
The landmark case could have major implications on the technology landscape, bolstering Apple's confidence in the ongoing tech patent wars.With the fallout from Apple's legal tussle with Samsung now becoming apparent, we want to find out what TheStreet's readers think about the jury's decision.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV