In a statement emailed to TheStreet, Samsung said the ruling will lead to fewer choices, less innovation and potentially higher prices. Apple, inevitably, has lauded the jury's decision.
Late on Friday, a jury in San Jose, Calif., awarded Apple $1.05 billion in the closely watched patent case, ruling that the Korean phone giant had "willfully" infringed a number of "valid" Apple iPhone patents.
The landmark case could have major implications on the technology landscape, bolstering Apple's confidence in the ongoing tech patent wars.With the fallout from Apple's legal tussle with Samsung now becoming apparent, we want to find out what TheStreet's readers think about the jury's decision.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV