Dell Should Buy RIM or Die
Until then, it would be hard to consider these shares attractive, even at such depressed levels, as they are likely not going anywhere for a while. Instead, shares of HP and Cisco (CSCO), with which it competes, are more compelling plays.
As much as I hate to say it, it seems Wall Street has gotten this narrative correct. However, for Dell, it should consider that it is time to change the conversation as RIM not only would make the story more interesting, but it could potentially signal the next chapter in Dell's lackluster growth.
At the time of publication, the author was long AAPL and held no position in any of the stocks mentioned.This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV