BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- A handful of unlikely stocks could be toxic for your portfolio right now.
I'm not talking about the obvious names -- the ones grabbing the headlines with negative news or the ones with the heftiest short interest. Instead, these stocks are otherwise unassuming. That's what makes them so dangerous to own right now.
Mr. Market has been enjoying a hefty rally since the start of June 2012, climbing 10.4% since equities found their bottom. Just to be clear, that's a rally of pretty massive proportions for a three-month span. And the stocks that aren't participating in the rally are sending a warning signal to investors; so are the ones that have already used up all of their buying pressure. Today, we'll take a technical look at five toxic names that fit those two conditions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV