USA Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: USAT), (“USAT”), a leader of wireless, cashless payment and M2M telemetry solutions for small-ticket, self-serve retailing industries, today announced the availability of QuickConnect™--a Web service designed to make it easier for developers and OEMs in the unattended retail and mobile payment acceptance space to interface with USAT’s comprehensive ePort Connect® service platform.
“USAT’s QuickConnect is essentially the next generation of our ePort SDK offering, now as a Web service platform,” commented Cary Sagady, USA Technologies’ Senior Vice President of Network Solutions & Product Management. “Where our ePort SDK enabled third-party manufacturers or developers to embed an interface to USAT’s ePort Connect service, now these programmers have the option to implement the API (application programming interface) Web service in their code, thus speeding up time to market and reducing certification cycle time.”
Developers and manufacturers expected to benefit from QuickConnect include:
- Device machine manufacturers that desire a turnkey solution for enabling a connection to USAT’s comprehensive ePort Connect service independent of card reading hardware;
- Developers of mobile applications requiring a turnkey solution for cashless payment services; and,
- Other developers of unattended devices, such as kiosks, that require an easily deployed cashless option.
A Web service is a method of communication between two electronic devices over the Internet or a software system designed to support interoperable machine-to-machine interaction over a network. One of the major advantages is interoperability, in that Web services allow different platforms to interact and work together. Web services are not tied to any one operating system or programming language, are virtually platform-independent and let developers use their preferred programming languages. In addition, they enhance usability, allowing different applications from different sources to communicate with each other without reinventing the wheel with time consuming custom coding.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts