AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- National Instruments (NASDAQ: NATI) today introduced NI miniSystems. These miniaturized versions of real-world systems, such as roll-chassis dynamometers and electrical smart grids, are developed in collaboration with leading educational suppliers to bring instant relevance to math and science theory as students begin to pursue engineering degrees.
Lab platforms have historically been too inaccessible for widespread use in a typical classroom and are often disconnected from the professional tools that are actually used in research and industry. Using the integrated hardware and software approach of graphical system design, NI miniSystems eliminate the cost, time and space barriers that limit educators' abilities to overcome theory-only education by engaging students through hands-on experimentation. NI miniSystems give first-year university or college students a tangible connection between their studies and their future jobs.
Quote"We've seen how the graphical system design approach helps scientists and engineers be more innovative by giving them a unified language and set of tools," said Dave Wilson, director of academic programs at National Instruments. "We're extending this approach into our education platform so that all students, regardless of who they are or where they come from, can access the innovations of great scientists, engineers and educators from around the globe."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV