Kass: China's Lost Decade
This column originally appeared on Real Money Pro at 7:37 a.m. EDT on Aug 28.
NEW YORK (Real Money) -- Move over U.S. stock market, the Chinese stock market has just completed its own lost decade. It's actually a lost 11 years!
As seen in the following chart compiled by my friends at Bespoke, the parabolic move in the Chinese stock market in 2006-2007 is a thing of the past, as share prices on the Shanghai Stock Exchange Composite Index are now back to levels last seen in summer 2001.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV