Office Depot, Inc. (NYSE: ODP), a leading global provider of office supplies and services, and the Office Depot Foundation today announced that Tony Stewart, driver of the No. 14 Office Depot/Mobil 1 Chevrolet in the NASCAR® Sprint Cup Series™, will join the Foundation to donate 6,000 new sackpacks to non-profit organizations, schools, and agencies in and around the Atlanta area.
The Office Depot Foundation will present the sackpacks, which contain essential school supplies, during a special “Back-to-School Celebration” beginning at 3:30 p.m. local time on Wednesday, August 29, at the Office Depot store located at 2126 Henderson Mill Road in Atlanta. In addition to Stewart, special guest Georgia State Representative Sharon Beasley-Teague is scheduled to attend.
Stewart is partnering with the Office Depot Foundation for the fourth consecutive year to support the Foundation’s National Backpack Program, which is donating 400,000 sackpacks throughout the 2012 back-to-school season – the most given out in a single year. By the end of this year, the National Backpack Program will have helped more than 2.9 million kids worldwide since 2001.
“It’s really great to be joining the Office Depot Foundation for another event during this back-to-school season,” said Stewart, the three-time and reigning NASCAR® Sprint Cup Series™ champion. “These cool sackpacks continue to make a positive impact on the kids who receive them, and I’m very proud to be a part of such an important program. Being able to help provide kids-in-need with the essential school supplies necessary to start the year off right is the most rewarding thing I’ll do all year.”The non-profit organizations, schools and agencies scheduled to receive sackpacks during the “Back-to-School Celebration” on August 29 include:
- Atlanta Kids in Need Resource Center
- Atlanta Public Schools
- CaringWorks, Inc.
- CHRIS Kids
- City of Refuge
- Clayton County Schools
- Communities In Schools of Atlanta
- Dekalb County Schools
- Easter Seals North Georgia
- Genesis Prevention Coalition Inc (CADCA)
- Georgia Alliance To End Homelessness
- Kids in Need Foundation
- Metro Atlanta CASA Collaborative
- Rainbow Village
- Safehouse Outreach
- She Will, Inc.
- Women’s Resource Center to End Domestic Violence
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV