Belo Corp. Gives Audiences An Enhanced Weather Experience
DALLAS, Aug. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC) announced the release of its new app, WeatherCaster for iPad. The app offers users an enhanced weather forecast experience through more than ten layers of nationwide weather data and sophisticated forecasting features. Belo partnered with digital product strategy and development company, Smashing Ideas, to create and build this new app from the ground up.
WeatherCaster, a national app available in all markets across the United States, provides robust weather alerts, animated radars and interactive maps - all in high definition – and is supplemented with forecasts, news and video from Belo's local stations. Weather is a strength and focus for Belo on-air, online and in mobile. Belo has some of the top meteorologists across the country who inform and educate audiences about the weather 24 hours a day. These trusted meteorologists now provide detailed weather forecasts in WeatherCaster in addition to the expansive national weather information which is available.
The WeatherCaster app was built to encompass all consumer needs for weather information. It serves the curious weather user who wants to know the weather today and tomorrow, but also wants to explore and share. Beyond the forecast, the app gives users the ability to collect, post and share their favorite weather photos and videos in a social community setting.
"Today consumers need and expect more out of their weather forecast. Belo's WeatherCaster takes this experience to the next level and the next screen. The app satisfies the lifestyle needs of consumers nationwide with the ability to present customizable national and hyper-local weather information," said Joe Weir, Belo's vice president/Digital. "Belo provides audiences news and information that makes their lives easier; WeatherCaster is another way to offer convenience to a national audience on the go."WeatherCaster is available today at no cost. More information can be found at http://www.weathercasterapp.com or download WeatherCaster directly from the iTunes store. WeatherCaster for iPad includes:
- Customizable forecast dashboards
- Watches and warnings
- 10+ layers of weather radars, satellites, and data
- Community photo galleries
- Weather glossary with over 200 weather terms
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV