Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR)
Background: Petrobras is an integrated company operating in exploration, production, refining, retailing and transportation of petroleum and its byproducts. The company was founded in 1953 and is based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. PBR trades an average of 11 million shares a day and has a market cap of $81 billion.
52-Week High: $32.6052-Week Low: $17.27 Book Value: $28.29 Petrobras shares have moved higher in the last month, up 6.2%. I would not try to chase PBR, but I would consider a dip below $21 to be a very good entry point. Right now, PBR has three buy recommendations out of seven analysts covering the company, and the average analyst target price is $30.44. Technically, the chart is starting to look barely oversold. Shares have recovered nicely from the recent dips under $18 and the short 9-day moving average has turned the corner and is headed higher. The price-to-earnings ratio has moved lower from last year. The trailing 12-month P/E ratio is 12.4, the mean fiscal year price-to-earnings ratio is 8.7, based on estimated earnings of $2.51 per share. And the company currently pays 11 cents per share in dividends for a yield of 0.49%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV