Background: RadioShack is one of the nation's largest consumer electronics retailers in the United States, offering both online and in-store shopping. RadioShack sells more wireless telephones, telecommunications products and electronic parts and accessories than any other retailer. An estimated 94% of Americans live or work within five minutes of a RadioShack store or dealer. The company was founded in 1899 and is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. RadioShack trades an average of 2.5 million shares a day and has a market cap of $254 million.
52-Week High: $13.9452-Week Low: $2.36 Book Value: $7.09 RadioShack has zero buy recommendations out of 20 analysts covering the company. RadioShack may prove to be a great value at this price level, but I would consider looking at it as a much higher-risk investment than most other rapid decliners. There is a real bankruptcy risk in the near future, and RadioShack faces "ongoing" challenges. If you want to allocate some of your high-risk portfolio to RadioShack, I believe we are at a price that supports the idea of true value investing, without rushing into it. Based on technical analysis, RadioShack is in a very obvious bear trend, but also an oversold state. If RadioShack turns it around, the shares may bounce higher by a large percentage relative to other higher-priced stocks. Its shares have traded slightly lower in the last month and are near breakeven, losing 1.2% less than a month ago. The short interest is altitudinous at 46.5% and is a strong warning that short sellers expect the share price to fall considerably. I believe they are wrong to continue to hold short, at least in the short run. Look for short covering to boost the share price back up above $3 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV