Gold for December delivery was down $9 to $1,666.60 an ounce at the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. The gold price traded as high as $1,669 and as low as $1,659.10 an ounce, while the spot price was gaining $1.50, according to Kitco's gold index.
"The move higher in gold in the past couple of weeks has been very strong and impressive, and reminds one of the moves gold made in years like 2010 when it gained 28%," said Chuck Butler, president of EverBank world markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV