- Net sales increased 5.0% to $169.8 million from $161.7 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Income from operations was $18.5 million compared with $15.5 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011. Operating income for the fourth quarter of 2012 included, pre-tax, $0.2 million of restructuring charges and $0.5 million of acquisition-related expenses. The fourth quarter of 2011 included, pre-tax, $0.4 million of restructuring charges and $0.6 million in acquisition-related expenses. Excluding these items from both periods, the Company reported non-GAAP fourth-quarter fiscal 2012 operating income of $19.2 million compared with $16.5 million in the year-earlier quarter, an increase of 16.5%.
- Net income from continuing operations was $13.5 million, or $1.05 per diluted share, including, after tax, $0.2 million of restructuring charges, $0.3 million of acquisition-related expenses and $0.8 million in non-recurring tax benefits. This compares with fourth quarter 2011 net income from continuing operations of $10.9 million, or $0.86 per diluted share, which includes, after tax, $0.2 million of restructuring charges and $0.4 million in acquisition-related expenses. Excluding the aforementioned items from both periods, non-GAAP net income from continuing operations increased 13.9% to $13.2 million, or $1.02 per diluted share, from $11.5 million, or $0.91 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
- EBITDA (earnings before interest, income taxes, depreciation and amortization) was $22.1 million compared with $19.1 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011. Excluding the previously mentioned items from both periods, EBITDA increased 13.4% to $22.8 million from $20.1 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Net working capital (defined as accounts receivable plus inventories less accounts payable) was $110.4 million at the end of the fourth quarter of 2012, compared with $102.0 million a year earlier. Working capital turns were 6.2 for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012, compared with 6.3 turns in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
- For the first time in history, the Company had a net cash position (defined as short-term debt plus long-term debt less cash) of $4.7 million at June 30, 2012. This compares to net debt of $21.1 million at March 31, 2012.
Standex Reports Record Fourth Quarter And Fiscal Year 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.