SAN DIEGO, Aug. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Accelrys, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACCL), a leading provider of scientific innovation lifecycle management software, has announced that the latest release of the company's enterprise electronic laboratory notebook (ELN), Symyx Notebook by Accelrys, offers a new multidimensional scientific spreadsheet for use in planning, executing and tracking a wide range of biological experiments. In addition, powerful new project tracking and optimization software provides a more complete biology solution, from efficient study orchestration to study execution in the lab. Together, the new ELN capabilities accelerate scientific innovation lifecycle management across a range of chemical and biological experimentation, helping bridge the productivity gap from innovation through commercialization.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/accelrys-eln-advances-innovation-lifecycle-management-with-enhanced-biology-capabilities-from-screening-to-preclinical-development-167625565.html
By significantly improving bench scientists' ability to capture, mine and reuse experiment and study information from within the ELN, the new scientific spreadsheet improves data access, enhances knowledge management and reduces laboratory cycle times. The new project tracking and optimization capabilities improve collaboration and cascade management for project teams while enhancing study visibility and capacity management for study directors.
"The new spreadsheet and unique project tracking capabilities accelerate end-to-end innovation productivity for discovery and development scientists, especially those working in preclinical development," said Accelrys' Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Dr. Matt Hahn. "We have seen significant cycle time reductions resulting from improved information flow across the research cascade and more streamlined coordination of tasks and teams in this collaborative environment."Integration of the new notebook capabilities with the scientifically aware Accelrys Enterprise Platform supports the combined management of information, tasks and collaboration from early-phase screening and assay development through downstream drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics, ADMET, bioanalytical and in vivo pharmacology. The Platform's extensive scientific Component Collections, built on Accelrys' deep domain expertise in chemistry, biology, materials science, informatics and predictive science, rapidly and cost-effectively deliver advanced imaging, modeling and analytics capabilities supporting scientific workflows from research to development. Today's drug discovery process requires coordination among multiple teams within the enterprise and, increasingly, across geographical and organizational boundaries. In this challenging R&D environment, the new ELN capabilities from Accelrys improve access to information, foster better collaboration and speed laboratory cycle times by providing:
- A multidimensional scientific spreadsheet with flexible templates that enable teams to capture, analyze, report and share data from plate-based screening experiments to behavioral studies
- Enhanced data management, storage and access, enabling rapid data aggregation, searching and reporting for improved insights and faster decisions
- An integrated system for tracking and optimizing project, study and laboratory workflows. The system supports cascades of services with progression rules for transitioning activities from one stage to the next. Interactive reports record materials and resource usage across the cascades, highlighting bottlenecks and empowering managers to fine-tune resource utilization and allocation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV