CA Inc. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (CA)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 33.00% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CA INC has improved earnings per share by 13.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CA INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.91 versus $1.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.48 versus $1.91).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $183.00 million or 39.69% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 20.24%.
- The gross profit margin for CA INC is currently very high, coming in at 86.50%. Regardless of CA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CA's net profit margin of 21.00% significantly outperformed against the industry.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.