NEW YORK -- H.J. Heinz (HNZ), the ketchup giant, is expected by analysts Wednesday to post fiscal first-quarter profit of 80 cents a share, up from 78 cents a year earlier.
Heinz previewed its earnings Tuesday, telling shareholders that first-quarter earnings were expected to rise 23.5%.
Joy Global (JOYG), the mining equipment manufacturer, is expected by analysts Wednesday to report fiscal third-quarter earnings of $1.89 a share on sales of $1.43 billion.
Pandora Media (P) is scheduled to report its fiscal second-quarter results after Wednesday's closing bell. The average estimate of analysts calls for a loss of 3 cents a share in the July-ended period on revenue of $100.9 million. Shares of the streaming music company are up 2% so far in 2012, but down more than 35% from their initial pricing at $16 in mid-June 2011. 5 Stocks Set to Soar on Bullish Earnings
WellPoint (WLP) President and CEO Angela Braly resigned Tuesday amid investor frustration with the stock performance of the second-largest health insurer in the U.S. Braly took over as president and CEO in 2007. She also was named chairwoman in 2010. The stock rose more than 4% in after-hours trading on Tuesday following the announcement of Braly's resignation.
Walt Disney's (DIS) ESPN sports network agreed to pay Major League Baseball $5.6 billion over eight years for a package of television and digital rights through the 2021 season, Reuters reported, citing sources.
Vera Bradley (VRA), the accessories designer, reports quarterly numbers Wednesday and Wall Street expects a profit of 35 cents a share in the July-ended period on revenue of $122.2 million.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV