Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ: YHOO) announced today that Kathy Savitt is joining the company as chief marketing officer, responsible for all worldwide marketing and branding. Savitt will join the company on September 14 and will report directly to Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer.
“We are very excited to welcome Kathy to Yahoo!,” said Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo!. “Her extensive experience in building and refining well-loved consumer brands like Amazon, American Eagle Outfitters and Lockerz will be incredibly valuable as we define Yahoo!’s future.”
“Yahoo! is at an important and unique inflection point in its storied history,” said Savitt. “I believe passionately in Yahoo!’s ability to inspire and delight users, partners and advertisers around the world and am excited to join Marissa in defining Yahoo!’s next chapter.”
Savitt is a successful consumer, retail and technology executive with experience in strategic product development and marketing. She was most recently founder and CEO of Lockerz, a rapidly-growing social commerce company with more than 45 million unique users. Prior to founding Lockerz, Savitt was executive vice president and CMO of American Eagle Outfitters, where she led all brand efforts, store and multi-channel marketing for the company’s portfolio of brands. She has held senior leadership roles at Amazon.com and was president of MWW Savitt, where she consulted with Fortune 500 clients across the globe.About Yahoo! Yahoo! is focused on creating deeply personal digital experiences that keep more than half a billion people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. Yahoo!'s unique combination of Science + Art + Scale connects advertisers to the consumers who build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit the pressroom ( pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company's blog, Yodel Anecdotal ( yodel.yahoo.com).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV