SOLON, Ohio, Aug. 27, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PVF Capital Corp. (Nasdaq:PVFC), the parent company of Park View Federal Savings Bank, announced today that the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) has lifted the regulatory order that has been in effect with respect to the Bank since October 2009. The Bank has met the targets established by the regulatory order, including tier one capital, risk-based capital and classified and criticized assets ratios, as well as achieving profitability.
Robert J. King, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "The OCC's removal of the regulatory order is a significant milestone and a major step forward for Park View. We continue to strengthen our position for long-term growth and profitability, and we have seen steady improvement in earnings and asset quality. We have broadened our product offerings, added resources to our commercial banking and small-business lending teams, and will continue to focus on our transformation strategy to deliver sustained profitability as a strong community bank."
The regulatory order was issued October 19, 2009, and required the Bank to raise its tier one (core) capital level to at least 8% of adjusted total assets, and its total risk-based capital to at least 12% of risk-weighted assets. The Company raised $30 million in new capital in March 2010. As of June 30, 2012, the ratio of tier one capital to adjusted total assets stood at 8.74%, and total risk-based capital to risk-weighted assets was 13.10%.The Bank also now exceeds the asset quality requirements of the regulatory order. As of June 30, 2012, its level of classified assets to core capital plus general valuation allowance ratio was 48.2%, and its level of classified assets plus special mention assets to core capital plus general valuation allowance ratio was 55.0%. The regulatory order requires these ratios to be no greater than 50% and 65%, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV