American Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE/NASDAQ: AFG) announced today that it has given notice of its intention to redeem all of the outstanding 7⅛% Senior Debentures due 2034 (the “Senior Debentures”). The Senior Debentures, which have an outstanding principal balance of $115 million, will be redeemed on September 28, 2012, at 100% of principal plus accrued and unpaid interest to the redemption date. The Senior Debentures are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the trading symbol “AFE.”
About American Financial Group, Inc.
American Financial Group is an insurance holding company based in
Cincinnati, Ohio with assets in excess of $35 billion. Through the
operations of Great American Insurance Group, AFG is engaged primarily
in property and casualty insurance, focusing on specialized commercial
products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and
indexed annuities and a variety of supplemental insurance products such
as Medicare supplement (In May 2012, the Company reached a definitive
agreement to sell its core supplemental insurance operations in a
transaction that is expected to close in the third quarter of 2012).
Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding
of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV