Andersons (ANDE) is a diversified company with interests in the grain, ethanol and plant nutrient sectors of the U.S. agriculture, as well as in railcar leasing and repair, turf products production and general merchandise retailing. This stock is trading up 1.6% at $40.14 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 115,000Average Volume: 124,834 Volume % Change: 53% From a technical perspective, ANDE is bouncing modestly higher here right off its 50-day moving average of $39.20 with decent volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in ANDE as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $39.20 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that hits near or above 124,834 shares as bullish. If we continue to see ANDE maintain that trend, then this stock has a great chance of re-testing and possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $43.18 to $43.89. On the flip side, I would avoid ANDE or look for short-biased trades if it fails to hold this trend, and then takes out some near-term support at $38.84 with high volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV