J. Alexander's (JAX) operates casual dining restaurants in the U.S., offering an American menu. This stock is trading up 4.7% at $14.17 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 75,000Average Volume: 54,814 Volume % Change: 152% From a technical perspective, JAX is ripping higher here with above average volume, and this stock is breaking out above some near-term overhead resistance at $13.96. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in JAX as long as it's trending above some major near-term support levels at $13 to $13.50 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 54,814 shares as bullish. If we continue to see that action, then JAX has a great chance of hitting $20 in the near future. On the flipside, I would avoid JAX or look for short-biased trades if it fails to hold this trend, and then drops below some $12.80 with high volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV