SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- VMworld --
- VMware vSphere ® Data Protection™, powered by EMC Avamar ® software, is an all-new backup and recovery solution to be included with VMware vSphere 5.1.
- VMware vSphere Data Protection is tightly integrated with vSphere, simple to set up and can be managed directly from the new vSphere Web Client.
- VMware vSphere Data Protection is ideally suited to protect SMBs and department-level virtualized environments with industry-leading backup and deduplication capabilities.
- VMware selected EMC Avamar software to provide the underlying technology for VMware vSphere Data Protection.
- VMware continues to be fully committed to enabling a rich partner ecosystem for backup and recovery solutions through the vSphere Storage APIs for Data Protection.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) and VMware (NYSE: VMW) today announced a new backup and recovery solution for VMware vSphere ® 5.1. The new VMware vSphere Data Protection™ solution is built on industry-leading EMC ® Avamar ® deduplication backup software technology and is delivered as a part of VMware vSphere 5.1. VMware vSphere Data Protection replaces vSphere Data Recovery – previously available with vSphere – providing a more cost-effective, reliable and easy-to-use solution to protect VMware environments.VMware vSphere Data Protection leverages EMC Avamar software's leading technology including variable-length deduplication, full support of Changed Block Tracking and single-step restores to minimize storage resource consumption, reduce backup windows and enable fast recovery. VMware vSphere Data Protection can be managed directly from the vSphere Web Client and takes advantage of the vSphere Storage APIs for Data Protection to enable agent-less backup. In addition to VMware vSphere Data Protection, VMware continues to foster innovation in the backup for virtual environments supporting a broad partner community. VMware plans to continue investment in the vSphere Storage APIs for Data Protection to enable seamless integration of third-party backup and recovery with the VMware vSphere platform.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV