Globecomm Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: GCOM), a leading global provider of communications solutions and services, today announced that the Company has been awarded various infrastructure contracts from US Government Agencies valued at $5.9 million.
Under the terms set forth in the contracts, Globecomm will provide hardware, software and associated engineering services as follows:
- WGS certified Summit TM X band field terminals with integral AxxSys ® Orion Monitor and Control Software,
- Gateway Terminal Technology Refresh incorporating solid state amplifier hardware and AxxSys ® Orion software,
- Life Cycle Support services including spares, training, and installation.
Globecomm anticipates the completion of these contracts in the Company's fiscal year 2013 fourth quarter ending June 30, 2013.
Michael Plourde, Vice President Government Programs for Globecomm, said: "These contracts demonstrate Globecomm's wide array of capabilities from engineering concept and design, technology refresh, WGS certification thru ongoing product sustainment. Globecomm is committed to providing our customers the communications services they need to keep them operating today and into the future."About Globecomm Systems Globecomm Systems Inc., or Globecomm, is a leading global provider of satellite-based managed network solutions. Employing our expertise in emerging communication technologies we are able to offer a comprehensive suite of system integration, system products, and network services enabling a complete end-to-end solution for our customers. We believe our integrated approach of in-house design and engineering expertise combined with a world-class global network and our 24 by 7 network operating centers provides us a unique competitive advantage. We are now taking this value proposition to selective vertical markets, including government, wireless, media, enterprise, and maritime. As a network solution provider we leverage our global network to provide customers managed access services to the United States Internet backbone, video content, the public switched telephone network or their corporate headquarters, or government offices. We currently have customers for which we are providing such services in the United States, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV