Avocados are found in many of today's favorite foods from budget-friendly Mexican restaurants to high-end sushi restaurants. Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE), one of the fastest-growing restaurant concepts in the U.S., markets that its restaurants use around 70 avocados to make one batch of guacamole, with many restaurants having to make multiple batches per day.
Earlier this month, Calavo announced that it had completed the expansion of its Mexican avocado packing operations. The expansion will enable the facility to pack up to 6 million pounds of fruit per week, an output increase of 200%.
On paper, the stock is not cheap, changing hands at 33x, but the company has a fundamentally strong business with enormous growth from its current base. Catch this stock on a selloff, and it will be worth holding. Currently trading at $26, management articulates a plan for the stock to trade at $50 in the next couple of years. I would be eager to invest if I could harvest shares around $20.I've always said that successful investing requires an assessment of both quantitative and qualitative aspects. That belief is even more profound when you are trying to find a small-cap with a big future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV