Rating Change #4
(CFX - Get Report)
has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CFX's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 459.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.90, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.21, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CFX's share price has jumped by 38.57%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 225.40% to $77.15 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, COLFAX CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -37.25%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Machinery industry average. The net income increased by 19.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $10.39 million to $12.37 million.
Colfax Corporation designs, manufactures, installs, maintains, and sells gas-and fluid-handling and fabrication technology products and services to commercial and governmental customers worldwide. The company offers rotary positive displacement and specialty centrifugal pumps. Colfax has a market cap of $3.01 billion and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 13.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
Colfax Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center