Bed Bath & Beyond
In retail, it doesn't get much better than Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY). The firm is one of the most popular home-furnishing retailers in the country, boasting almost 1,000 of its eponymous stores spread across North America. The firm also owns the much smaller Christmas Tree Shops, Harmon Face Value, and buybuy Baby store brands, three marquees that provide potential growth stories in the next few years.
I love Bed Bath & Beyond. It's not because the store is my go-to destination for towels and Tervis Tumblers. Instead, I love the stock because the company has managed to grow at breakneck pace without taking on any debt (new stores and acquisitions are paid for with cash), and without falling into the trap of building out its footprint too fast. While the firm certainly isn't "cheap" right now, it's far from expensive from a valuation standpoint.Bed Bath & Beyond was in the worst possible industry going into the Great Recession, but the firm still managed to thrive thanks to intelligent merchandising and a customer base that was looking for a less expensive type of home improvements. As investor anxiety continues to be a defining attribute of 2012's stock market, investors would do well to remember that. With rising analyst sentiment in BBBY, we're betting on shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV