BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- As Monday's trading kicks off this morning, investors should be expecting a fairly muted week for Mr. Market. We've been on the receiving end of "investor overload" for the last several months, so a quiet week isn't necessarily a bad thing -- especially since the market is still in "correction mode" this week.
If there's a single word that best describes the rally we've been in since the start of June, it's "orderly." Stocks have bounced upward in a well-defined channel for those last three months, giving investors and traders a predictable range that the S&P 500 is likely to stay stuck in.
Now the S&P is cooling off a bit from the top of the channel, but not for long.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV