Silver Gold Bull) -- Back in March I wrote
Every month, year after year, U.S. homebuilders start construction on 50% to 100% more units than they sell. Yet, the propaganda machine claims inventories of U.S. new homes have been plummeting.
In my article I stated a simple conclusion: Either the official U.S. housing numbers were total fabrications or more than half of these "housing starts" were units that did not require a "sale" to an individual owner in order for the builder to be paid .
In attempting to come up with an answer to this riddle I could only formulate one possibility: All of these phantom "housing starts" were, in fact, prison cells.This conclusion should hardly be surprising to informed readers. The U.S. warehouses more of its own population in prisons than any other Western nation by a vast margin. Canada is a distant second, and then there is a further drop once we move past North American "incarceration mania." Furthermore, the Corporate Media has been gushing over the fantastic growth curves of U.S. private prison corporations. Nonetheless, it would undoubtedly be greatly disturbing to the vast majority of (under-informed) Americans to learn their own government is secretly and rapidly expanding the "maximum occupancy" of its entire, (increasingly private) prison system. Want to "compete" with Chinese and Indian labor in the U.S. but you can't find workers willing to work for 1/10th their (previous) wages? Just lock 'em up and force them to do that labor for even less. What will be the secret to Corporate America's "success" in the 21st century? Chain gangs. Now we see apparent (corporate) confirmation of this new Prison Economy taking shape in the U.S. When one retailer moves into a particular market, we see that as "filling a niche." However, when a plethora of retailers congregate in that same market, we see a "growth sector." The
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV