Sprint Nextel (S)
Background: Sprint offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communication services to consumer, business and government customers. Sprint was founded in 1899 and trades an average of 81 million shares a day and has a market cap of $14.3 billion.
52-Week High: $5.49After last week's dip in price, Sprint really tore up the charts. It is still 18% higher than a month ago. Investors will want to monitor changes to see if short sellers dial up the warning signals. Otherwise, current short interest of 5.2% of the float is relatively small and not a major concern. Unsurprisingly, Sprint short interest has fallen quite a bit in the last month and a half. The new iPhone 5 will likely provide another boost to Sprint in two ways: Lower iPhone 4S prices will help Sprint meet contract obligations and a new iPhone product will increase interest in Apple products. I was in Sam's Club, which is owned by Wal-Mart (WMT), this weekend and saw that an iPhone was priced at $149 with a contract. My wife was quick to point out that she would like one to go along with an Apple computer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV