Sprint Nextel (S)
Background: Sprint offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communication services to consumer, business and government customers. Sprint was founded in 1899 and trades an average of 81 million shares a day and has a market cap of $14.3 billion.
52-Week High: $5.49After last week's dip in price, Sprint really tore up the charts. It is still 18% higher than a month ago. Investors will want to monitor changes to see if short sellers dial up the warning signals. Otherwise, current short interest of 5.2% of the float is relatively small and not a major concern. Unsurprisingly, Sprint short interest has fallen quite a bit in the last month and a half. The new iPhone 5 will likely provide another boost to Sprint in two ways: Lower iPhone 4S prices will help Sprint meet contract obligations and a new iPhone product will increase interest in Apple products. I was in Sam's Club, which is owned by Wal-Mart (WMT), this weekend and saw that an iPhone was priced at $149 with a contract. My wife was quick to point out that she would like one to go along with an Apple computer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV