Procter & Gamble (PG)
Background: P&G manufactures and markets a broad range of consumer products in many countries throughout the world. Products fall into five business segments: fabric and home care, paper, beauty care, health care, and food and beverage. Today, P&G markets more than 250 products to more than 5 billion consumers in 130 countries. P&G trades an average of 8.8 million shares a day and has a market cap of $182 billion.
52-Week High: $67.95Shares have moved higher in the last month, gaining 3.3%. The average analyst target price for PG is $69.23. The mean P/E ratio is 17.1, based on estimated fiscal year earnings of $3.90 per share this year. P&G currently pays $2.25 a share in dividends for a yield of 3.37%. The dividend has grown by an average of 10% per year. P&G is near technical resistance on the monthly chart, but with ever-increasing dividends and a monster 3.3% yield, it's only a matter of time before P&G breaks higher. A price just under $65 would be a sweet buy based on the current situation. With the base that P&G is building, it may be tough to get. Short sellers are next to impossible to find. Short interest is so low at 0.7% that I only include it to demonstrate that the smart money is not betting against this company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV