Procter & Gamble (PG)
Background: P&G manufactures and markets a broad range of consumer products in many countries throughout the world. Products fall into five business segments: fabric and home care, paper, beauty care, health care, and food and beverage. Today, P&G markets more than 250 products to more than 5 billion consumers in 130 countries. P&G trades an average of 8.8 million shares a day and has a market cap of $182 billion.
52-Week High: $67.95Shares have moved higher in the last month, gaining 3.3%. The average analyst target price for PG is $69.23. The mean P/E ratio is 17.1, based on estimated fiscal year earnings of $3.90 per share this year. P&G currently pays $2.25 a share in dividends for a yield of 3.37%. The dividend has grown by an average of 10% per year. P&G is near technical resistance on the monthly chart, but with ever-increasing dividends and a monster 3.3% yield, it's only a matter of time before P&G breaks higher. A price just under $65 would be a sweet buy based on the current situation. With the base that P&G is building, it may be tough to get. Short sellers are next to impossible to find. Short interest is so low at 0.7% that I only include it to demonstrate that the smart money is not betting against this company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV